Songs to Get You Through June
“I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” – L.M. Montgomery
June is a funny month. In fact, I don’t think I’ve every stumbled across a June without thinking, “it’s already June?” October and July will always be my favorite months, but June’s up there somewhere; like the friend you don’t really mind seeing, but you won’t go out of your way to get together.
Anyways, I thought I would share ten songs I’ve been enjoying recently, you know, to start your month off fresh. A lot of the songs are quite romantic and poetic, which may lead you to believe I’m in love. As far as I know, I’m not, but it’s summer so I wouldn’t rule falling in love out. Enjoy. (If you need something to read while you listen I suggest: 5 Green Reasons to Visit National Parks & China’s Fight Against Pollution)
10. Love is Here and Now You’re Gone – The Supremes
9. You Call it Madness, But I Call it Love – Nat King Cole
8. Rising Sun – Medicine Head
7. Cursed Male – Porno for Pyros
6. I Fall in Love Too Easily – Chet Baker (if you like this, then buy “Chet Baker Sings” on Itunes, it’s excellent)
5. Scotch And Soda – Charlie Barnet & His Orchestra
4. Danger in the Dark – Charlie Barnet & His Orchestra
3. Gone at Last (Demo Version) – Paul Simon
2. How Can I tell You – Cat Stevens (this really is one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard)
1. You and the Night and the Music – Bill Evans
What are your June tunes? I’m always looking for new music.